CRY Internship- An Inspiration, A Motivation

“Oh! I feel so bad for them. Bechaare!”

That, precisely, used to be my reaction whenever I used to see the underprivileged children.
CRY is one foundation that made me realise that there could be more to this reaction- Action! CRY stirred my soul by helping me to take all its activities to next level.
I, along with the volunteers, started the first of its kind- Community Intervention, here in Gurugram. What used to be limited to just Government Schools has now moved to intervening directly in the community.

The first step in this direction was recognising the community that needed our help the most. After this, we took permission from the counsellor under whose authority the community fell, to proceed. The very first day we surveyed around the community and the results were pitiful. More than half of the kids who were eligible to go to school just used to spend their days either loitering around the filthy area where there was stunted water clogging that gave mosquitoes their own gala time or just used to help their parents in their work that was of collecting the garbage.

What surprises me the most is the fact that even after so many trials and tribulations that the children face almost every day, they never fail to attend the session that we conduct and trust me, the enthusiasm that engulfs the ambience is more than enough to beat the scorching heat and bad to the bone roads.

Though my time here as an intern is limited, I’ll ensure to stay in touch with these kids and the developments that will certainly take place in days to come. Working here never made me feel that I was working. Never have I ever heard myself mumbling “Oh! I had such a long day.” It’s just so refreshing interacting with these kids.

I can never thank enough to the people who suggested me to intern here. Believe me, had I not interned here ever, I would have missed upon to something really special and my life would probably have a tiny hole in the end, that now, CRY has filled.


-Shambhavi Srivastava
 CRY Intern

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newspapers Talking About Results of Knowledge, Attitude and Practices Study Done for Girl Child Education Campaign 2012

Let’s Talk Periods! - It is the Need of the Hour

We all have great potential for change; All we need is a little motivation.- Rupal's Internship Experience with CRY